Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday

We completed our instant challenge first thing this morning. Our start to the day was a bit rough because Anna was ill overnight. Sara and I did some very fast problem solving of our own because Anna REALLY wanted to compete. She made it and I think they did well. It was a challenge type that we were not very familiar with, but most of the points were in the team work portion of the challenge. The room they competed in was very stuffy, so this did nothing to help Anna feel better. :(

They completed a cute TADA! Mike, they didn't paint "TADA" on the building like they have when we have been here in the past. Rather, the kids hold a "TADA" sign. Not the same.

We returned to the hotel and the boys and I went to lunch and pin trade. Anna and Sara stayed at the hotel to catch a nap, as their night was very short last night.

The boys and I were stormed out by about 12:30. The entire campus was evacuated into buildings becasue of heavy rain and high winds. We then took it easy until the threat of severe weather passed.

We worked on duct tape costumes and the boys went swimming.

The weather is still overcast here and the chance of rain is quite high.

We have the duct tape ball tonight. I think everyone is looking forward to the ball!

2 comments:

  1. What a day! I am glad that the team made it to the IC and hope Anna feels well soon. I'm glad you're all safe. Have a great time at the Ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had heard that their were storms there be safe.Rose

    ReplyDelete